Capsicum masala rice : if you get appetite by seeing the above picture, none will be surprised :) Of-course this rice won't disappoint your taste buds. When I was searching for new type of variety rice, I came across this dish and I gave a try it came very well. This is very colorful recipe and children will love it. Serve this recipe with pappdums and yogurt :)
Serves : 2
Source : Vahrehvah
Dried Red Chillies
Cumin seeds / Jeera
- Heat a tsp of oil in a frying pan add mustard seeds,cumin seeds,channa dal,urad dal and red chilies fry for 1 mins then add curry leaves and peanuts and coriander seeds fry for 2 mins then add grated coconut fry well for 1 mins and turn off the heat.Cool down the mixture and grind along with tsp of gram masala into a coarse powder.
- In the same vessel, add the remaining oil/ghee and once its hot, add mustard seeds and let them splutter and add curry leaves and peanuts fry for 2 mins.
- Then add cubed capsicums and fry them for approx 5 minutes.Don’t overcook them, let the capsicums retain their crunchy texture.
- Then add ground masala powder and combine with the cooked rice till its well mixed.
- Serve hot with pickle,yogurt & papadams.
Linking to Vegan thursday ..
You can check the other members in this group - "Vegan Thursday" Here