Ribbon Pakoda is also called as Ribbon Murukku or Nada.This is also one of the spicy, crispy, easy to make recipe on any occasion.it's also great snack idea for tea time,or kids snacks box.Today I am sharing an easy version of Ribbon Pakoda the way my Mom prepares.
Red Chilli Powder
- In a bowl sieve rice flour and besan flour together,add red chilli powder,baking soda,asafoetida,salt,sesame seeds,crushed garlic,and melted butter,mix everything well.
- Add water little by little to make a dough. The dough should not be too tight or too loose.
- Meanwhile heat oil in a kadai for deep frying.
- Place a small ball of the prepared dough in the murukku press.
- Press directly in oil. Do not overlap, and fry in medium heat until golden brown.
- Drain in tissue paper and repeat same for rest of dough.
- If making in large quantities, mix all dry ingredients in a big bowl and take small portions and mix water to make dough.
- If the dough is too tight, then it will be very difficult to squeeze out pakoda. And if too loose they will drink too much oil.
- You can use 1/2 cup of Bengal gram flour and 1/2 cup of Fried gram(roasted gram) powder.