Paneer is a type of cheese which is very common in south Asian / North Indian cuisine. In North India, paneer is common household item and in south India mostly you will find paneer based dishes in restaurants. To know more about panner check this link. Paneer butter masala is very tasty side dish for all types of Roti’s/ Nan bread and Pulka. Whenever I cook this at home I get applause from the guests, so this is one of my favourite dish.Give a try and share your comments :)
Serves : 4
Serves : 4
Paneer(Home-made or Store-Bought)
1 big one
2 Medium Size
Tomato Puree(Store Bought)
Ginger Garlic Paste
2 small ones
5 tbsp(to soak cashew nuts)
Red Chilli Powder
2 tsp(As Per ur Spice level)
Kitchen King Masala(Optional-Store Bought)
½ inch piece
- Make Green chilli and Ginger Garlic paste using 3 garlic pods,½ inch ginger and 2 green chillies and keep it ready.
- Cut the paneer into small cubes and soak them in warm water until its usage.
- Soak the 2 tomatoes in hot water for 5 mins.Peel the skin and make a puree of it.
- Soak the cashew nuts in warm milk for 10 mins and make a paste of it.
- Heat a oil in thick bottom pan add the chopped onions,fry till turns pink.Switch off the stove and let it cool and grind into a smooth paste.
- Heat 2 tbsp of butter in same pan once it hot add bay leaves and cinnamon fry for 2 sec then add onion paste fry for 2 mins then add green chilli and ginger garlic paste fry till raw smell leaves.
- Then add the tomato puree mix well for 2 mins then add tomato paste mix well and cook for 5 mins.
- Add all the masalas coriander powder,red chilli powder,garam masala and kitchen king masala mix well and cook in medium flame till oil separates.Take care not to burn.
- Add 1 cup water and cook for 10 mins or till it reach the consistency and oil separates.
- Then add cashew nuts paste mix thoroughly and add cubed paneer mix well and cook for 5 mins.
- Add crushed kasuri methi,salt give a quick stir,if you are using cream add now mix well on low flame and let it come to boil for 2 mins.
- Add tsp of butter and coriander leaves mix well for 2 sec and switch off the flame.
- Serve hot with Naan/Roti/Chappati or with any pulao rice.
- Use Kashmiri red Chilli powder it gives you a dark red color.
- You can also toss the panner in butter for 2 mins instead of immersing in warm water.But i like to add soft paneer for this gravy that's why i didn't toss.