Merry christmas to everyone.. Its Christmas eve and I am sure everyone is excited. All people are heading to home to celebrate christmas.. This is the perfect time to publish "Old fashioned sugar cookies". 2 days back, I prepared this recipe for christmas but before christmas the cookie was over :)Do enjoy making this for your family.
Yield : 3 Dozen
- Cream the butter and sugar in a large bowl with an electric mixer. Beat in the eggs and vanilla.
- Combine the flour, baking powder and salt in a second large bowl and mix well. Stir the flour mixture into the butter mixture 1 cup at a time. Chill the dough for 3 to 4 hours.
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Line a cookie sheet with parchment. Roll out the dough and cut it into shapes with cookie cutters or a knife. Place the shapes on the prepared cookie sheet.
- If decorating with colored sugar, brush the cookies with milk and sprinkle with colored sugar.
- Bake until the cookies are just beginning to brown around the edges, 10 to 15 minutes, depending on the size of the cookies.
- Remove the cookies to a rack to cool completely. If using royal icing, decorate the cookies as desired.