Rava Kesari is one of the most common sweet in south india. it is also the simplest sweet to make and it gets done in a jiffy, involves minimal ingredients and effortless. You can also find rava kesari in many functions menu.. I think the cost of making kesari is far lesser than most of the sweets.
Rava / Sooji / Semolina
1 cup(As per taste)
3/4 to 2 cups
5 -7 chopped
- Heat a tbsp of ghee in thick bottom pan, fry the raisins and cashew nuts until golden and keep aside.
- Add tbsp of ghee in same pan roast the rava in a medium flame until nice aroma comes then transfer to the separate plate.
- Then add water to the pan and bring to boil,once it boils add roasted rava little by little take care not to form lumps.Then add food color and crushed cardamom mix well.
- Once rava is cooked add sugar and keep stirring till it becomes thick.
- Then add ghee and roasted nuts mix well and keep stirring till it leaves from sides of the pan then switch it off.