Pav Bhaji is very famous street food in Mumbai,This is a spicy blend of vegetables in tomato gravy served with pav that is cooked with butter. Pav is actually the buns and the Bhaji is vegetables cooked with spice. It is easy to cook and also filling recipes. First time I ate this delicious recipe in my friend sheetal's home.. she is from Maharastra.. From that time I became a big fan of pav bhaji. Try this dish to entertain your family and friends with this famous street food.
2 Medium Size
1 cup chopped
1 cup Fresh or Frozen
Ginger Garlic Paste
Red Chilli Powder
Pav Bhaji Masala(store brought)
For The Masala:
- Boil The vegetables in a pressure cooker,mash them and keep aside.
- Grind ginger,garlic and green chillies together and keep it ready.
- Heat butter in a large pan, once hot add cumin seeds when they splutters add chopped onions sauté till transparent then add ginger garlic and green chilli paste sauté until raw smell leaves.
- Add chopped tomatoes sauté well for 2 mins then add turmeric powder,chilli powder,pav bhaji masala powder and gram masala,mix well and cook till oil separates.
- Add the mashed vegetables mix well for 2 mins then add ½ cup water and salt simmer and cook for 10 mins or till oil separates.
- Garnish with coriander leaves and switch off the flame.
For the Pav :
- Slice each pav buns into horizontally. Apply a little butter to each side.
- Heat a large tava and toast the pav buns on both sides till the pieces are lightly browned.
- Serve with the hot pav and lemon wedges.