Hi Friends, I took a long break from blogging to concentrate other things and refresh myself with new ideas..I went to India and infact I didn't cook for a long time. My only job was tasting all my relatives cooking.Though I enjoy cooking, I am enjoying more when others cook for me..
Now I am back :) Lets start this innings with a mouthwatering bakery item vanilla cup cake with vanilla frosting.
110 g(At room Temperature)
For the buttercream icing :
1 - 2 drops
- Preheat the oven to 170 C / Gas 3.
- Put the butter and sugar into a mixer and whizz up until light and fluffy.
- Pour in the vanilla essence and add the eggs whizz again until fluffy.
- Fold in the flour using a large metal spoon, adding a little milk until the mixture is of a dropping consistency.Spoon the mixture into the paper cases until they are half full.
- Bake for about 15 minutes. Keep an eye on them. They will be perfect when they bounce back to the touch and the top still looks slightly sticky. This will ensure they keep their moisture.
- Leave on a cooling rack for 30 minutes or until cool, then decorate as you wish.
For the Icing :
- For the buttercream icing, beat the butter in a large bowl until soft. Add half the icing sugar and beat until smooth.
- Then add the remaining icing sugar with one tablespoon of the milk, adding more milk if necessary, until the mixture is smooth and creamy.
- Add the food colouring and mix until well combined.
- Spoon the icing into a piping bag with a star nozzle and decorate.