I have the habit waking up bit late during weekends.. I used to skip breakfast and will go to lunch straight away Sometimes I am forced to cook breakfast during weekends. :) I used to cook upma..I am bored with that. I need a healthy dish which I should cook in jiffy. . Vegetable poha ticking all the boxes...Yes it contains lots of vegetables and takes only 10 minutes to cook...
|Poha(Flattened rice )||1 cup|
|Beans||½ cup chopped|
|Green peas||½ cup|
|Ginger||½ inch (finely chopped)|
|Curry leaves||1 sprig|
|Mustard seeds||¼ tsp|
|Cumin seeds||½ tsp|
- Wash poha (Flattened rice) in running water and drain the water and keep aside.
- Chop onions,green chillies and all the vegetables keep it ready.
- Heat oil in a pan once hot add mustard seeds,cumin seeds when it sparkles add chopped onions fry till turns pink.
- Then add ginger,garlic,green chillies and curry leaves fry for 2 mins, then add chopped vegetables cover and cook till soft.
- Once vegetables are soft and cooked add pepper powder mix well then add poha and mix gently.
- Garnish with coriander leaves and serve hot.