In the hot summer, all of us definitely like to eat curd rice with pickle. Though many of us think only andhra people crazy about pickle but I had seen many tamilians also fond of pickle..
In my house we have six mango trees.. During Mango season, my mom used to prepare pickles and she give to many of friends and relatives. In the last 2 months I bought Mango pickles in the shop and I was disappointed that the pickles because that wasn’t that good. Last week, I saw fresh mangoes in the indian super market and I decided to prepare pickle. Preparing pickles aren’t tough task and I realised that making our own pickles gives lot of satisfaction. Simply because we are keeping that for a long time :) The quality of the mangoes and oil plays key role in the taste of pickles...
Recipe Source :Mom
Red Chilli Powder(As per taste)
½ cup - 1cup
Asafoetida / Hing
Salt(As Per taste)
- Wash and wipe it dry.Peel the Mangoes using grater.
- Dry roast the fennugreek seeds and pinch of Asafoetida(do not brown) and powder it.
- Heat a tbsp of oil in pan add mustard seeds when it splutters add Asafoetida,curry leaves and red chilli fry for 2 sec then add grated mango fry well for 5 mins in medium flame.
- Then add turmeric powder,salt and chill powder mix well for 2 mins then add remaining oil and mix well.
- Cook this in medium flame till oil seprates,keep mixing every now and then.
- When the quantity reduces to half of the original amount and oil seprates, add the fenugreek powder and mix well for one min and switch off the flame.
- Keep aside uncovered until cool and and transfer to a clean airtight container. Keep Refrigerate always.