A spicy and tasty recipe , can be made within 10 mins, especially when we have cold. For the past one week I was suffering from severe cold and climate also too chill. So i thought of making peeper rasam to get relieve from cold. The recipe can be made not only for cold but also when you crave something simple for weekend lunch.
Tamarind 1 small Goose berry size
Tomato 1 small
Garlic 4-6 flakes
Pepper 2 tsp
Cumin seeds 1 tsp
Red Chilli 3
Rasam Powder 1 tsp
Mustard seeds 1 tsp
Asafoetida / Hing A pinch
Curry Leaves 1- sprig
- Soak the Tamarind and Tomato in hot water for 15 mins and extract the juice and keep aside.
- Crush the Pepper corns,red chillies and cumin seeds and garlic coarsely.
- Heat the kadai add the items under 'To Temper' table, and followed by a tsp of rasam powder and half crushed pepper.
- Add the tamarind extract , remaining crushed pepper and salt mix well and bring to boil.(don’t let boil for long time).
- Transfer to the serving bowl and serve hot with white rice.