I want to start my blog on a special occasion with a big punch so i will start with a very special sweet kaju katli/mundiri burfi. Whenever I go to sweet shops, my eyes always search Kaju Katli.. Sometimes I used to ask persons in the shop on how they are making Kaju katli. My mom used to cook this sweet on special occasions..This is a very simple and easy dish which anyone can make it.
This is my first diwali which I am celebrating after my marriage. This is my diwali sweet.. Hope you all like this sweet..
Prep time ~ 1 hour
cooking time ~ 30 mins
Serves ~ 20 burfies
Cashew : 1 cup
Sugar : 1/2 cup
Ghee : 3 tbsp(for greasing)
- Soak the cashew in hot water for 1 hour after that drain the water and keep it aside.
- Grind the cashew in mixer grinder or stone grinder. my mom used to do this in stone grinder but i have no choice :(
- if u need add little bit water just for grinding use the soaked water.
- Mix the sugar with grounded cashew paste and mix it well
- Heat the thick bottom kadai put the cashew paste in it.
- Keep stirring till the paste get thick like dough. Add 1 tbsp ghee to get much smoother dough.
- The dough will be non sticky and you can check by taking a small piece in a hand which won’t be sticky.
- Now turn-off the stove, allow the dough to cool for 5 mins. Then knead it till a soft dough is formed then transfer this to the greased plate (put a ghee on a plate) and roll them evenly of 1/4 inch thickness with chappathi roller. Cut them into diamonds or any desirable shape.