Today I am going to share very interesting Vegetarian Starters Gobi Manchurian. Whenever I tell my hubby that am going to cook cauliflower curry, he used to tell lot of silly reasons to avoid cauliflower curry. In Initial days i believed all those reasons and I cooked some other curry at that time. Later I ended throwing cauliflower in the waste bin. Finally I come to know that he didn't like cauliflower. After searching several cauliflower recipes my search ended below :)
Ingredients (For Cauliflower Fritters)
Cauliflower 1 medium florets
All-purpose flour / Maida ½ cup
Corn Flour ¼ cup
Rice Flour ¼ cup
Red Chilli Powder 1 tsp
Salt to Taste
Oil for deep Frying
Ingredients (For Sauce)
Onion 1 medium size
Garlic 4 cloves
Green Chilli 4
Spring Onion 3-4 Springs
Soya Sauce 2 tsp
Tomato Ketchup / Sauce 2 tbsp
Sodium bi Carbonate a pinch
Vinegar 1 tsp
Oil 1 tbsp
Salt to Taste
- Clean the cauliflower by keeping it immersed in hot water with salt for 10 mins.
- Make a thin batter with Maida, corn flour, rice flour and cooking soda, thick enough to coat the Cauliflower florets.
- Deep fry the florets until crisp, keep it aside.
- In a pan, add 1 tblsp oil, add the finely chopped garlic and stir for 2 -3 sec and add finely chopped onion and white part of spring onions fry till transparent.
- Add the green chillies and chopped capsicum and salt fry for 2 mins.
- Add the soya sauce in high heat fry till 1 min then reduce the heat add tomato ketchup and fry for 1 min then add vinegar mix well.
- Now add the fried cauliflower to it mix well evenly for 2 mins and finely add the green part of spring onions mix well for a min.
- Garnish with coriander leaves and serve hot.